Heroes of the East

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heroes of the East

Film discussion and banter

2 posters

Large S; Small S. Assistance from readers of Chinese?

ewaffle
    ewaffle

Large S; Small S. Assistance from readers of Chinese? Empty Large S; Small S. Assistance from readers of Chinese?

Post  ewaffle Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 am

Reading translations of the Chinese entertainment press I have encountered the terms "Large S", "Small S" and perhaps a few other S type terms. I haven't been able to figure them out from the the context and the often useful character by character translation/suggestions of the MDBG dictionary hasn't helped. I wonder if those who read Chinese can come up with something.

A couple of recent examples:

"Big Takefu" Peking Opera Peking Opera Blues play a large S shape of the exposure stunning debut

《大武生》京剧造型曝光 大S扮刀马旦惊艳亮相[高清大图]

and

Women sisters endorsement small S supplies a large lazy S Li Wang Fei scandal

小S姐妹代言女性用品 大S懒理汪小菲绯闻[高清大图

These are picture captions--I can post the urls if needed.
    dleedlee
    dleedlee

Large S; Small S. Assistance from readers of Chinese? Empty Re: Large S; Small S. Assistance from readers of Chinese?

Post  dleedlee Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:43 am

Belated reply: That's sisters Barbie and Dee Hsu. You know Barbie. Dee is a tv host known for making outrageous comments. Barbie, recently married Wang Xiaofei. The wedding was a PR disaster. He's the rich son of so-and-so and recently implicated with carousing with an o-model Angelin(?) Lv. Okay, TMI!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am