Heroes of the East

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heroes of the East

Film discussion and banter

2 posters

Harakiri (1962)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Harakiri (1962) Empty Harakiri (1962)

Post  Admin Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

I have to say I saw this a few months ago on Blu-ray and it blew me away. I even considered resurrecting the Heroes of the East blog for it. Unfortunately, in my current capacity, I don't think I could do it justice. Is there anything by Kobayashi that even comes close to it?
    Masterofoneinchpunch
    Masterofoneinchpunch

Harakiri (1962) Empty Re: Harakiri (1962)

Post  Masterofoneinchpunch Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Admin wrote:I have to say I saw this a few months ago on Blu-ray and it blew me away.  I even considered resurrecting the Heroes of the East blog for it.  Unfortunately, in my current capacity, I don't think I could do it justice.  Is there anything by Kobayashi that even comes close to it?

Truly an awesome film. I have lent it quite a bit and I think everyone who has seen it has liked it (obviously I only lend to people who will watch subtitles etc...).

Samurai Rebellion is one of my favorites. Kwaiden is another must watch. I have not seen The Human Condition, but I have heard nothing but good things about it (the Criterion version which I own has all three films together.) All of those are available via Criterion.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Samurai Rebellion has been ordered  Wink

And yes, the Criterion version.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm