Heroes of the East

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heroes of the East

Film discussion and banter

2 posters

Google Chrome Help

Cash
    Cash

Google Chrome Help Empty Google Chrome Help

Post  Cash Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 am

Fed up with the constant lag in Internet Explorer I recently switched to Google Chrome which I found in terms of speed to be a significant upgrade. However, adjusting the font has been something of a chore -- a frustrating one at that.

On IE everything looked beautiful to my eyes in the browser's limited options which were set to a Latin based language script with Times New Roman for Webpage font and Courier New for plain text font.

Google Chrome is slightly more complicated I'm afraid. When tweaking the fonts you are given the option of Standard font, Fixed-Width font, Minimum font size, and Encoding. I'll admit I'm a little dim on the subject as weeks of monkeying around with these settings has not netted me the desired results.

If anyone is educated on this subject any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.
    dleedlee
    dleedlee

Google Chrome Help Empty Re: Google Chrome Help

Post  dleedlee Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I've been using Chrome for about a year now. I love it! Can't help you on the fonts, though, I just left it on the default.

Besides the on the fly translations, my tired old eyes really likes Readability, both a Chrome plug-in and a regular version, I use both. Very Happy

One thing that I noticed I found worrisome is that in the most recent update, besides saving passwords you can now 'show' them (under Options). Seems insecure if you happen to lose or have your laptop stolen. That doesn't make sense to me, though handy if you're forgetful.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am