Heroes of the East

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heroes of the East

Film discussion and banter

3 posters

Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News?

Brian T
    Brian T

Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News? Empty Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News?

Post  Brian T Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 am

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up a "topic" at the top of the forum list here that would serve as a direct link to Dennis' Daily News site, similar to how it was set up in the HKMDB forums. I have the News bookmarked on my browser, but sometimes it's nice to jump from a forum like this to Dennis' site when the mood strikes me. This is purely a matter of convenience, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be too much trouble. Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News? Empty Re: Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News?

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 pm

This Forum's quite basic, I'm afraid. I suspect the only way to do it would be to manually update a thread. It would be useful though.
    Masterofoneinchpunch
    Masterofoneinchpunch

Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News? Empty Re: Can we get a permanent link to the Daily News?

Post  Masterofoneinchpunch Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am

Cal do you not have the ability to change the php?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 am

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Cal do you not have the ability to change the php?

Erm...

Just supposing, for a moment, that I don't know what a php is. How would you, in your own words, describe it to someone? You know, what it does, where you'd find it, the kind of food it likes, that sort of thing.

You see, I'm keen not to alienate other users of this board who may not be as tech-savvy as us.
    Masterofoneinchpunch
    Masterofoneinchpunch

Post  Masterofoneinchpunch Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:48 am

Admin wrote:
    Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Cal do you not have the ability to change the php?

Erm...

Just supposing, for a moment, that I don't know what a php is. How would you, in your own words, describe it to someone? You know, what it does, where you'd find it, the kind of food it likes, that sort of thing.

You see, I'm keen not to alienate other users of this board who may not be as tech-savvy as us.

Actually I'm not sure what language this site is written in, nor since this is a free version I'm not sure if you can modify the pages. For example on my co-site I can get to the pages itself through ftp or I can use the Admin interface to modify pages themselves. Do you have a specific Admin section where you can modify pages?
    Brian T
    Brian T

Post  Brian T Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 pm

If any of those suggestions aren't applicable here, it might be feasible to simply create a new discussion forum, right above "Blu-Ray/DVD Talk", title it "Hong Kong Daily Entertainment News" (or whatever), then make the first post in that "thread" a link to Dennis' site. After that, the thread could even be kept open for discussion of interesting bits of news. It's not ideal, but at least it would be a handy little visual reminder to check out his hard work each time we visit here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am